Brief description About Bertha Scholarships for Social Innovators in Africa:
The Bertha Scholarship covers either the full or partial costs of the MBA and MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programmes at the UCT Graduate School of Business for candidates committed to social innovation and entrepreneurship.
Deadline: 15 Nov 2015 University of Capetown
Study in: South Africa
Course starts 2016
University of Cape Town Graduate Business School (UCT GSB) in Cape Town, South Africa
Level and Field of study:
MBA and MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programmes at the UCT GSB.
The Bertha Centre is also interested in candidates who are aligned to its key focus areas: Innovative Finance, Inclusive Healthcare Innovation and Education Innovations.
Number of Awards:
Up to 5
South African/African Citizens
The Bertha Scholarship covers either the full or partial cost of the programme.
The criteria used for selection of Bertha Scholars are:
- Candidates must be South African / African Citizens and or a Permanent Resident for at least 1 full year.
- Candidates must have started or worked in an entrepreneurial or social or green venture, or have worked on socially innovative or sustainable strategies within an organisation for at least one year. Should you be interested in one of the focus areas, experience in these fields would be preferable, as well as a track record of exploring or initiating innovative approaches in these sectors.
- Candidates must demonstrate a strong moral character, strong entrepreneurial drive, a track record of action, leadership qualities, traits of social activism and a commitment to the sustainable development of emerging economies.
- Through the submission of an essay, candidates must show how the degree programme at this stage in their career will help to accelerate their impact and how it will contribute to the wider creation of value for society.
- Candidates must demonstrate some need for the scholarship, through either previous work experience, personal background or demonstrated commitment to start a social venture, which make self-funding the degree programme a significant burden.
Candidates must first be eligible, comply with and apply for the MBA or MPhil programmes entrance requirements at the UCT Graduate School of Business. For full details about the MBA programme and the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation, eligibility, criteria and how to apply to click here.
Interested candidates should submit the Bertha Scholarship Application Form together with their UCT application number received from the GSB Admissions Office, contact details and CV by the deadline 15 November 2015.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/s.asp?p=179
Chinese Universities under CSC Scholarship 2021-2022
Fully funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships in South Africa
Wits-TUB Urban Lab is glad to announce its Fully funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships in South Africa. For the year 2020, the scholarship is available for the school of Architecture and planning.
These masters scholarships in South Africa 2020 are open to both South African citizens and citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa to pursue their master’s studies.
The bilateral Wits-TUB Urban Lab programme supported by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) seeks to improve graduate education in urban fields across sub-Saharan Africa…Apply for Scholarship
scholarships in Australia for Australian and international students
The Scholarships in Archive are bounded by eligibility which qualifies you to apply for the scholarships and also Application Deadline which gives you the ability to make plans of when to Apply and also other instructions that must not be neglected. Apply for Scholarship
3500 Full Scholarships in the USA for African Students 2020-2021 | HOT
Studying in the USA earns you a certificate that is highly recognized across the globe. As an African student, finance might be a stumbling block to completing your education at a university in the USA. However, reading through this article will show you full scholarships in the USA for African Students in the 2020-2021 academic session despite the coronavirus pandemic.. Apply for Scholarship
Best Universities In Portugal For International Students 2021
Portugal is regarded as one of the European countries that have a high rate of education. Portugal is also an attractive and accessible destination for international students seeking a degree abroad in Europe.
Due to the high level of education in Portugal, we will be making it easier for you to know the best universities to study in Portugal. This will aid you as an international student to make the right choice. …Apply for Scholarship
DRD/DAAD Masters & PhD Full Scholarships for Africa (Study in South Africa & Germany) 2020- Apply Now
For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, the DRD – Institute of Development Research and Development offers DAAD merit scholarships per year. These Masters Scholarships in South Africa 2020 will be taken at the University of the Western Cape, South Africa, and Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany. Apply for Scholarship